Days of Future Past

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

Days of Future Past

Postby cc008 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

I mean... for me personally, I don't see how there can be much more hype surrounding this movie. All I need to hear now is that sentinals are confirmed. Iceman has always been my favorite X-man, and Ashmore is back. It doesn't bother me that there are more original trilogy alum confirmed so far because the words "First Class" aren't in the title anyway. I'm so pumped for this movie. In Mark Millar and Bryan Singer I Trust.
cc008

Re: Days of Future Past

Postby shibori78 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

I am looking forward to this (as well as the Wolverine and the First Class sequel), too. The Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, etc. movies are fantastic, but aside from Spider-Man, they don't get me nearly as pumped up as the X-men stuff.* I'm sure Millar and Singer will do a great job.
Plus, I keep hoping that one day we will see Deadpool in one of those stingers.

*The exception being a certain movie that shall not be named.
"Cynicism is an unpleasant way of telling the truth." Lillian Hellman
shibori78

Postby cc008 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:51 am

cc008

Postby bairdduvessa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm

i'm pumped
"All I know is during the cola wars, Deadpool had the highest body count."-Gerry Duggan
bairdduvessa

Postby cc008 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 am

I'm going to try and keep this as spoiler-free as possible. I know even posting spoiler tags is tempting for people trying to avoid them, so I'll do my best.

Simply put.. this movie was incredible. They really hit home how dark and dire the situation was in the future scenes with the original trilogy cast. People worried that Wolverine may be hogging all the attention again need not be afraid. Yes, he is present for a lof of the movie, but it works. And the story is much more about Xavier, Magneto, and especially Mystique. Blink stole the show in the "future" scenes and Quicksilver did the same in the "past" scenes. I loved every second of this movie. The worst part of it was that I had to leave the theater after the end credits trailer. Which was also wonderful. Any fan of the X-Men will enjoy this movie. I think they did a great job of explaining what needed to be explained in order for the "average" movie-goer to understand what was happening. Knowledge of the prior movies enriches this movie, but it's not entirely necessary. My favorite x-men movie by a long shot. Personally, I liked it better than Avengers. But I'm much more of an X-Men fan to begin with, so there may or may not be some bias there.
cc008

Postby TripleOG » Sat May 24, 2014 2:16 pm

I was on board with you until you said it was better than Avengers. I feel like they are two completely different types of movies. I also don't feel that this was really a summer movie. This felt more like something that you would see in the fall to me. Good movie. Just not what I consider to be a summer blockbuster.
TripleOG

Postby cc008 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:28 pm

I said I liked it better than Avengers.. not that it was better than Avengers. ;)
cc008

Postby lastActionHero » Fri May 29, 2015 8:29 am

Outstanding movie! I loved when Wolverine walked through the metal detector and it didn't go off. His reaction was great.
I had almost forgotten that he didn't have his metal claws yet and was expecting some shit to go down.
I want to be a CFO of a big publishing company, just like Maureen O'Connell Scholastic
lastActionHero

Return to TV/Movies