The Amazing Spider-man (2012)

Discuss all the TV and Movies you are into

The Amazing Spider-man (2012)

Postby scraggy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:19 am

I've been following this for a while and I got to say, it's looking pretty good. Spider-man is actually making sarcastic comments and it looks like they remembered he has super strength and a spider sense too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

scraggy

Re: The Amazing Spider-man (2012)

Postby MysticWolf1223 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 pm

I like the Spider man movies the way they are now. They shouldnt reboot the series. Theyre basically spitting in Toby McG's face. The series was great already. Im sorry but I have to mark this movie as Lame.
MysticWolf1223

Postby scraggy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:06 am

Sorry but what? There's so many things wrong with the old movies, Tobey McGuire was a horrible Peter Parker and don't get me started on Spider-man 3. The only good thing about the movies was the casting J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson.
scraggy

Postby MysticWolf1223 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:07 am

no way he was great. All you guys are blind. Ok ill admit 3 is where it went kind of bananas but you have to admit the 1 and 2 were fantastic movies. Its the only real good Marvel movie series out besides X-men(not including origins) and Iron Man.
MysticWolf1223

Postby scraggy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:14 am

Spider-man 1 hasn't really aged very well. It did many things well I'll admit but as I said the casting was weird. I mostly hated that he was in no way witty at all. That's the one thing I love about Spider-man. He's sarcastic and clever. The second was that he didn't seem like a genius at all. That's another thing this movie is already showing. Tobey got down the awkwardness but there wasn't a part where he seemed like a genius. They were good movies no less but it wasn't really a good Spider-man movie. Another thing Raimi based his movies off the Ditko era which was good but not really the Spidey we knew at the time. Which is why he almost quit when they forced him to do Venom, a 90s extreme character out of the era. They didn't continue it with Tobey because by that time, all the actors were fed up. The reason they're doing another Spider-man is because their contract expired but Marvel decided they wanted all their animated characters back in their hands so they extended the contract in return for the Spider-man cartoon to be back in their hands (Which is what ended Spectacular Spider-man). They could have continued with half the cast and director gone or just started completely over with a new director and cast.

What do you have against Origins? That was a pretty great movie. X-men 1 also hasn't aged very well. Go back and watch it. It's a complete mess. However I agree with you with the Marvel directed movies. Iron Man 1 was the best. All the others (Thor, Captain America (which is my second favorite), Iron Man 2, and Hulk) fell due to the fact that Marvel is pushing hard for the Avengers movie. I'm still watching that movie only because I would have never thought I would see the day when they would actually make an Avengers movie rather than a single character each time.
scraggy

Postby The Mast » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:11 pm

The trailer alone for this movie was better than the previous three movies.
The Mast

Postby MysticWolf1223 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:30 pm

scraggy wrote:Spider-man 1 hasn't really aged very well. It did many things well I'll admit but as I said the casting was weird. I mostly hated that he was in no way witty at all. That's the one thing I love about Spider-man. He's sarcastic and clever. The second was that he didn't seem like a genius at all. That's another thing this movie is already showing. Tobey got down the awkwardness but there wasn't a part where he seemed like a genius. They were good movies no less but it wasn't really a good Spider-man movie. Another thing Raimi based his movies off the Ditko era which was good but not really the Spidey we knew at the time. Which is why he almost quit when they forced him to do Venom, a 90s extreme character out of the era. They didn't continue it with Tobey because by that time, all the actors were fed up. The reason they're doing another Spider-man is because their contract expired but Marvel decided they wanted all their animated characters back in their hands so they extended the contract in return for the Spider-man cartoon to be back in their hands (Which is what ended Spectacular Spider-man). They could have continued with half the cast and director gone or just started completely over with a new director and cast.

What do you have against Origins? That was a pretty great movie. X-men 1 also hasn't aged very well. Go back and watch it. It's a complete mess. However I agree with you with the Marvel directed movies. Iron Man 1 was the best. All the others (Thor, Captain America (which is my second favorite), Iron Man 2, and Hulk) fell due to the fact that Marvel is pushing hard for the Avengers movie. I'm still watching that movie only because I would have never thought I would see the day when they would actually make an Avengers movie rather than a single character each time.

I will say this about Origins. The first 15-20 min was amazing. After that I nearly left the theater. But yeah I never thought they would ever make an Avengers movie either. I mean to get everyone to sign up and agree to do it is a huge achievement itself. I dont think it will ever live up to the hype though. I mean its the Avengers! They are basically putting everything on the line with this movie. If they mess this one up then theyre done.
MysticWolf1223

Postby dipper.f » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:22 am

scraggy wrote:I've been following this for a while and I got to say, it's looking pretty good. Spider-man is actually making sarcastic comments and it looks like they remembered he has super strength and a spider sense too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

Yeah, maguire's spiderman had no super strength. I mean, he carried a fucking roof, a cart filled with people and stopped a train moving at full speed just by holding on to what was essentially a bunch of strong ropes. :roll:
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby scraggy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:36 pm

dipper.f wrote:Yeah, maguire's spiderman had no super strength. I mean, he carried a fucking roof, a cart filled with people and stopped a train moving at full speed just by holding on to what was essentially a bunch of strong ropes. :roll:

Okay you actually got me there
scraggy

Postby poolshostage » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm

I can't wait it's going to be amazing!
See what i did there
I have a Brain, it's just not allways working
poolshostage

Next

Return to TV/Movies