jack nicholson
my favourite movie joker of all time is heath ledger he was dark and amazing
my favourite tv joker is mark hammil
whos yours
I have a Brain, it's just not allways working
poolshostage

Re: best portrayal of the joker ever

Postby dipper.f » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Anyone to say KMR gets a coupon for a slap in life directly from yours truly.

Hamill is the joker by definition. so yes. him.
I can be Hurtful

I can be

I can be Anything you like
dipper.f

Postby DeadpoolFool » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:59 am

Hamill is the best Joker ever

Heath Ledger is the best Live action Joker.

Personally I didn't find Brent Spiner's Joker all that bad, people are out to get the joker saying it's the worst Joker voice of all time. It's still better then Kevin Michael Richardson's Joker. (No offense to Kevin Michael Richardson, he's an awesome voice actor)
DeadpoolFool

Postby dipper.f » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 pm

DeadpoolFool wrote:Hamill is the best Joker ever

Heath Ledger is the best Live action Joker.

Personally I didn't find Brent Spiner's Joker all that bad, people are out to get the joker saying it's the worst Joker voice of all time. It's still better then Kevin Michael Richardson's Joker. (No offense to Kevin Michael Richardson, he's an awesome voice actor)

Now that I think of it, richardson did sound nicer than spiner.... Spiner was just so.... WAI NO DIMAGGIO!
I can be Hurtful

I can be

dipper.f

Postby DeadpoolBugle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am

I think in large part it all depends what you were exposed to first. I grew up watching Batman: TAS, so Hammil's voice is I think of when I think Joker. I think what Ledger did in the Dark Knight was amazing, but it is so unique that I don't associate it with other portrayals of the Joker.

I guess technically my first Joker was cesar romero, but I doubt anyone counts him as their favorite.
Just call me Ben
DeadpoolBugle
Site Admin

Postby poolshostage » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Theirs alot i skiped but i went for the most famous and common ones
when you think of dimaggio your not going to think joker
and when i say brent spiner you won't say the Joker! you'll say star trek's data
I have a Brain, it's just not allways working
poolshostage

Postby MysticWolf1223 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

Its really hard for me to decide between Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill. Well Heath Ledger kinda turned the Joker into a badass. Ehh honestly MarkHamill's Joker stays more true to the comics. Idk an easier question would be what was the best Batman movie ever. I think we all know the answer to that...... Batman and Robin
MysticWolf1223

Postby dipper.f » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Mark Hamill, Wolf. it's undoubted. Ledger may be good, but he's alternative. Hamill IS the fucking joker and I think the faithfulness to the source material factors into the quality of an adaptation.
I can be Hurtful

I can be

dipper.f

Postby BillyOfBillycartLane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Come on everyone, somebody has to state outright that Jack Nicholson clearly did the best live action portrayal. Heath Ledger's performance was good, but his Joker was a long way from what I'd consider authentic. More of an alternate reality take.

Mark Hamill's is hard to beat for overall quality, though. Largely because he got that voice down, but also because it's easier to translate comics to animation.
BillyOfBillycartLane

Postby Micigniter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 pm

BillyOfBillycartLane wrote:Come on everyone, somebody has to state outright that Jack Nicholson clearly did the best live action portrayal. Heath Ledger's performance was good, but his Joker was a long way from what I'd consider authentic. More of an alternate reality take.

Mark Hamill's is hard to beat for overall quality, though. Largely because he got that voice down, but also because it's easier to translate comics to animation.

I dunno, guy was kind of fat and he never sat right with me in that role. Too "cartoony" a performance, not enough balance in the jokes vs cynical department either. Leaned more towards the soft side of Joker I think. And I'm an 80's kid. I love Jack. He was just a hit and miss with me. More of a pre "Killing Joke" performance by Jack I would say.
"Wisdom can NEVER be taught, and we must decide the truth for ourselves"
Micigniter

Return to TV/Movies